Heartland Connect purposes to break down barriers that keep individuals with disabilities and their families from being able to participate in the community of the church.
• To show families of those with special needs that we believe that each individual is a unique creation of God.
• To reach out to the community and provide a safe and loving environment where individuals with special needs can worship God and learn about Jesus.
• To nurture each individual’s skills and abilities while learning about the Christian faith.
• To provide an opportunity for individuals with special needs to learn about God’s love in a way that is accessible to them.
We minister because we believe:
• No physical, mental or spiritual condition is outside the transforming power of the Gospel.
• Every person bears the image of God and is infinitely valued and given purpose by Him.
• The Gospel demands our compassion not pity, and respect not reservation, for all who He created and loves.
• Disabilities can be special abilities to experience God’s grace.
• People with special needs have families with special needs.
•The Body of Christ is not complete without people with special needs.
•The Body of Christ is called to fully include people with disabilities and receives blessings in return.
Buddy Program: Connecting participants with a buddy to assist in Sunday morning programs during 9:15am & 10:45am services.
Special Needs Classroom: Dedicated classrooms and leaders for Children(K–5th grade) and Youth/Adults at 9:15 and 10:45am. These times coincide with one of our morning worship services.
• Our team would like the opportunity to meet with families prior to their first visit.
For more information or to schedule and appointment contact Bryan Phelps,
Pastor to Children and Families 270.534.1400 firstname.lastname@example.org