Below are several options for more in-depth service with some of our mission partners. For more information, contact Pastor Marc in the Missions Office to discuss where God may be calling you to serve. Call 270.534.1400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Mission Board (imb.org)
- Short-Term Options (1-8 weeks)
- Mid-Term Options (2 months - 3 years)
Field Support - Field Support personnel are professionals paid by the IMB to provide critical services on behalf of the IMB in an international location. They are an active member of a local missionary team. They are engaged full time in a specific professional service, and part-time in the missionary task. Mid-term options for Field Support require a 2-year minimum.
Team Associate - Team Associates are missionaries who receive funding from non-IMB sourc- es. They are either self funded, which means they provide their own support from personal savings or an existing job, or they are ministry funded, which means they are funded from another organization or church. Team Associ- ates can participate full time or part time in the missionary task. Time com- mitments for Team Associates are generally 1+ years, but can be less than 1 year for students.
- Long-Term Option (3+ years)
20 Schemes (20schemes.com)
- Short-term Intern (9-15 weeks)
- Ministry Intern (2 years)
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
(1) Share the gospel message of the Christian faith
(2) Pastorally care for individuals within the church body and community
(3) Establish new and maintain existing community contacts
(4) Participate in or lead group activities (e.g. children’s groups, Bible studies)
(5) Ministry activities of the church as required (e.g. café, community activities)
(6) Participate in general housekeeping
(1) Theological training
2) Experience working within a ministry context
(3) Experience working with people from complex backgrounds